Monday, April 02, 2007

It's a Strong Man's Game


Leave it to Big Papi to come up with the ultimate t-shirt. Alot of people I know think baseball is boring....plain boring they say. Many innings go by without anything happening. But I say that is where Papi's tshirt saying comes in. Baseball takes patience...something not alot of men (no offense) have. SO baseball IS a Strong Man's Game...takes alot of patience and strong willed attitudes to get through men batting just to ground or fly out. Knowing that one of those hits will result in a grand slam, inside the park homer or a walk-off....is worth the wait. Big Papi has the right idea...he understands...it just takes patience.
Well I've been waiting since October....and I'm ready for baseball. I'm ready for the boys to play. I'm ready for Opening Day in Texas where Wake will take the ball. I'm ready for a new season....I think Dice-K was asked about the upcoming season...
His Response? "I'm Ready..."
nuff said....Let the Games Begin!

3 comments:

Beazer said...

Nicely said.

Although I don't think Papi can be credited for that shirt. Long before anyone else was at Spring Training, Jon Lester had that shirt on. :-)

http://bp3.blogger.com/_HYfAP-gBwSw/RdGn7k0eO-I/AAAAAAAAANo/SrXpnjFH4qk/s1600-h/lesteritsastrongmansgametshirtfeb122007.jpg

Tex said...

and that doesnt surprise me!! it was the first time I had seen it...

Anonymous said...

It may take a strong man to play the game Tex, but not to enjoy it! It is so nice to have baseball again.